Sunday, June 24, 2007

Boston, Day Two

Day two of the sideline adventure. Pike had three games against Truck Stop (who had lost to GOAT the previous day to finish 2nd in their pool), Zebra Muscles and the Van Buren Boys (apparently the men from CLX, a pretty iconic mixed team; their women also played under the name "Small Rackages").

Again, no recaps. Suitable ones can be found at Dusty's blog (Boston, Day Two) and scores can be seen on the UPA score reporter (Boston Invitational).

The team had the same problems as Saturday; too many turnovers, miscommunications, sluggish early play and the complete and utter inability to score on D. Hilarious that moving from college to club reveals the same problems in the same areas. At times we looked strong and at times we looked incompetent, hopefully it's just early season play.

I got to play one point on defense, which was definitely the most stressful two minutes of my weekend. My man didn't touch the disc, but we got scored on without forcing a turn. Made me have some thoughts about defense (will discuss further on Monday).

At the end of the tourney, caught a ride back with Dono and his wife. We were joined by Dan Yi and Emily (Wicked), which turned the once-spacious backseat into a rather cramped experience. One car ride later and there are now funny pictures of me asleep along with the knowledge that my iPod nano and Dono's 10k song monster have ~10 songs in common (either I have obscure musical taste or he does, I'm going with me...). Good weekend.

Today's Workout:
Boston Invitational, Day Two

On the iPod:
Dizzy Up the Girl by Goo Goo Dolls (the only common songs...)

No comments: