Saturday, June 30, 2007

Smorgasbord

Had Pike practice this morning in Philadelphia. I caught a ride with Mutton, who isn't playing due to his wrist. I kind of wish I had his excuse because I played somewhere between poor and terrible. Had a drop in the endzone, multiple throwaways, and I got skied twice by Dusty in the endzone (even though he's giving up ~5 inches to me). I played timid; I don't know if it was the heel (which still hurt) or some other factor, but I wasn't there.

After practice, scarfed down the remaining Chicken Alfredo from Zorba's brother and caught a bus to Market Faire to see Ratatouille with Rachel. I don't know how Pixar keeps putting out success after success, but it's really good. Great animation, subtle and intelligent comedy, an outstanding performance by Peter O'Toole, it's got a lot going for it. It's not as good as Brad Bird's other films; The Iron Giant and The Incredibles are both better, but it's very satisfying and it left me VERY hungry.

After the movie, we hit up Stupalooza. Besides the idiocy of Mutton playing Robo with a damaged wrist, the party was pretty awesome all-around. Rachel and I skipped out a little early and apparently missed the REAL craziness, but I think I'm okay with that. Happy 21st Stu.

Today's Workout:
Pike Practice

On the iPod:
Silent Alarm by Bloc Party

No comments: