Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Line Continues

After being completely lax in my postings, I hope this signals an actual revival of my posting. It might be a little haphazard until the season gets into full swing in February, but hopefully for my two readers it will be a return to reading.

I think this is going to turn into mostly a workout blog (much like Glenn's), but it might also be a dumping ground for my random ultimate-related thoughts.

Got linked to a great article from Lean and Hungry, which I found interesting and worth trying out. The Thin Red Line

With my three unbroken days staring me in th face, I decided that I had to get off my ass and get working. Thought I'd do a very quick general fitness routine.

5-minute bike warm-up
5-minute ultimate stretches
(hip flexors, lunges, sideways lunges, etc.)
Tabata set of push-ups
Tabata set of bodyweight squats*

*I dropped out of these on set number 7 as I was feeling some pain in my right knee when I stopped below parallel. Since I was putting out 16-14 squats per interval, I felt I just pushed myself a little too hard. Next time, I'll aim for a few less squats and finish the whole thing.

Currently Reading:
The Hollow Man by Dan Simmons

On the iPod:
Soundtrack from Wicked

No comments: